TOUR OF RECIFE AND HOUSE OF CULTURE SHOPPING
Let Recife overawe us thanks to this excursion, offering what is best in the so-called Brazilian Venice. A stroll through the town centre reveals its interesting historical and architectural heritage and at the House of Culture we are also able to find some amazing local handicrafts to take home as souvenirs.
What we will see
- Marco Zero
- Rua dos Judeus
- 19th-century buildings
- Old Synagogue
- Recife, Santo Antonio and Boa Vista islands
- Maurice of Nassau bridge
- Praça da República
- Government building
- Santa Isabel Theatre
- Palace of Justice
- House of Culture
What we will do
- Once in Recife, the capital of Pernambuco, let us be fascinated by the lively Marco Zero square, also known as Praça Rio Branco, and by Rua dos Judeus, the Jewish street.
- We start with a brief stroll to admire the typical 19th-century buildings and the old synagogue, the first in the Americas.
- The sightseeing tour continues towards the three islands of Recife, Santo Antonio and Boa Vista across the Maurice of Nassau bridge and Praça da República, with its Government building, Santa Isabel Theatre and Palace of Justice.
- Before heading back, we stop at the House of Culture, a magnificent mid-19th century building and originally a prison. Nowadays, you can buy lovely local handicrafts, a huge variety of lace, wooden sculptures, paintings and much more.
What you need to know