PEARLS OF THE NORTHERN COAST: PRAIA DO FORTE AND THE TAMAR PROJECT
In a nutshell A full immersion in Brazil’s colourful nature and countryside - a picturesque fishing town that seems part of an earthly paradise, a centre for the protection of sea turtles where we can get acquainted with these amazing creatures and a fabulous beach where the turquoise sea is truly irresistible.
Good to know
- Coconut Road
- Praia do Forte fishing town
- Tamar Project
- We leave the port behind us on a coach and drive along the famous Coconut Road, considered the first ecological highway in Brazil.
- We continue our interesting panoramic tour through the protected areas on the northern coast as far as the picturesque fishing town of Praia do Forte, surrounded by greenery ranging from coconut to ancient trees as far as the beach.
- We lose ourselves among the narrow alleyways of this ancient town filled with arts and crafts shops and take the chance to wander into one of them and look for an original souvenir to take home with us.
- We then move on to learn about the Tamar Project. “Tamar” means sea turtle and, in fact, the project is an initiative to protect this fantastic animal, five different species of which are found on the Brazilian coast. They are studied and protected to prevent them from extinction.
Good to know
- We recommend that you book early because only a limited number of places are available.