EXPERIENCE: PORTOFERRAIO: A JOURNEY THROUGH HISTORY, MUSIC AND GASTRONOMY
Kultur, Gourmet Tours, Tasting
An unforgettable excursion on the island of Elba, where we will discover its most typical spots, historical sites and the places that feature in everyday life in Portoferraio. We will visit Napoleon's residence, attend a performance at the theatre and sample the delights of the fantastic Enoteca della Fortezza "Slow Food" wine bar.
What we will see
- Villa dei Mulini
- Medici Fortresses
- Fort Stella
- Napoleon's Vigilanti Theatre
- Enoteca della Fortezza
What we will do
- The tour begins with a guided walk along Portoferraio marina with its sophisticated boats, vibrant cafés and exclusive shops.
- No tour of Elba would be complete without a visit to Napoleon's residence; after crossing the Porta a Mare we will reach the Napoleonic museum at Villa dei Mulini, the residence that hosted the emperor's public and political life during his stay on the island.
- Passing through the oldest part of the city, we will admire the Medici Fortresses and Fort Stella, which overlooks the sea from a steep promontory.
- The tour moves on to Napoleon's Vigilanti Theatre where we will be captivated by a concert of famous Italian arias.
- After the performance, a visit to the Enoteca della Fortezza (a Slow Food wine bar) awaits us. It is a true hidden treasure full of gastronomic delights in an incredible, unique setting: a cavern in the sixteenth-century Medici Fortress built by Cosimo de' Medici, the grand duke of Tuscany, to dominate the extraordinary landscape of the old town and the Gulf of Portoferraio.
What you need to know
- We recommend that you book early because only a limited number of places are available.
- Comfortable shoes are recommended.