CAMPOMORO TOWER: AN UNFORGETTABLE VIEW
Giro turistico, Naturrundtur
An unmissable tour to discover the enchanting Valinco Gulf and beautiful Campomoro, whose tower provides breathtaking views of the sea and cliffs, in a peaceful and relaxing atmosphere
What we will see
- Valinco Gulf
- Campomoro Point: Village and beaches
- Genoese Tower of Campomoro
What we will do
- We will leave Propriano harbour and head for the small airport, taking the winding little road that leads to the furthermost part of Valinco Gulf, until we come to an area called Campomoro Point. En route we will have stunning views of the sea and the sun-heated rocks, which overlook the azure waters of the bay.
- We will have around two and a half hours free to visit the small seaside village of Campomoro, situated at the foot of a cliff and surrounded by Eucalyptus trees. A long sandy beach, a few fishing boats and multicoloured sails silhouetted on the horizon complete this peaceful and protected setting.
- Here we can choose whether to enjoy a relaxing swim, walk along the beach which is more than one and a half kilometres long or, for the more energetic, to follow our guide on a hike to the Genoese Tower. The round tower is one of the few dating back to the period of the Republic of Genoa, built to protect the island during the Genoese domination of the 16th century. A stunning view of the gulf can be enjoyed from the tower's upper terrace.
What you need to know
- Do not forget to bring your bathing costume, a towel, sunglasses and sun cream.
- There are no changing rooms to get changed.
- This tour is not recommended for guests who suffer from vertigo.
- The walk from the coach to Campomoro beach is approximately 200 metres up a very steep hill.
- The walk to Torre Genovese is only recommended for Guests who are physically fit because it involves a rather difficult 30 minute climb to get there and 30 minutes to return.