A JEEP TOUR AMONG THE VOLCANOES IN LANZAROTE
In a nutshell Admire the unusual beauty of Lanzarote, the island of volcanoes, from a jeep.
Good to know
- LagOmar resort
- Montaña Quemada
- La Geria
- Monumento al Campesino
- For those looking for adventure, an alternative solution to discover Lanzarote is a jeep tour. We will start our day by heading towards the north of the island in our Land Rovers. There, we will stop briefly for photos at the famous LagOmar resort, once owned by actor Omar Sharif.
- Afterwards, we will head towards the centre of the island in Teguise, the ancient capital of Lanzarote filled with historical and architectural beauties.
- After a short stop for photos, we will go back to our Land Rover to take the off-road trail which crosses the wildest part of the island, characterised by the evocative lunar landscape dominated by many volcanoes such as the Montaña Quemada.
- It may seem strange, but volcanic soil is actually fertile, so it is possible to plant vineyards and produce wine - we will in fact discover an area called La Geria, a unique region producing high-quality wine.
- From our jeeps, we will admire the evocative scenery made up of a stretch of solidified lava, rocks and ash created by the eruptions of volcano Timanfaya.
- On our way back, we will stop to have a look at the famous Monumento al Campesino created by artist César Manrique as homage to the hard work carried out by Lanzarote farmers.
Good to know
- Places on this excursion are limited. We recommend booking early.
- Passengers per jeep: 6 passengers
- This excursion does not include a guide.
- Minimum age: 7 years old.