THE MANY FACES OF BARCELONA
Sightseen, Designed for families, MyExploration, Passepartour, Less than 1 hour walking
Barcelona is a mixture of flavors and smells, ancient and modern, tradition and innovation. This excursion is an opportunity to appreciate both its cultural and traditional aspects. From the genius of Gaudì and the Barrio Gótico, the hill of Montjuïc and Pueblo Español open air museum, the pride of Spain.
- Montjuïc: Barcelona seen from above
- Avenida Diagonal and the Sagrada Família (external visit): iconic Gaudì
- Barrio Gótico and Cathedral: culture and tradition
- El Pueblo Español open air museum
- Standing 177 meters high above the city, you're on the panoramic hill of Montjuïc, where your discovery of Barcelona begins.
- What looks from a distance like a sandcastle is in fact the Sagrada Família, which is just one meter shorter than Montjuïc, because Gaudí believed that the greatness of God and the solemnity of nature could not be surpassed by human hands, not even his own. The various façades, portals and towers include an infinity of symbols and allegories that Antoni Gaudì left for each of us to interpret in our own way. Having begun in 1882, the neo-Gothic cathedral is still under construction.
- The Barrio Gótico is another example of the Catalan Gothic style, with its cathedral in the medieval quarter.
- Finally, all the secrets of Spain will be revealed in the Pueblo Español open air museum. You'll have a chance to stroll through this village, built in 1929, which depicts the many different strands of this country. Tradition, culture, craftsmanship, art, food and dance will accompany you on this immersive tour. All you need bring is your curiosity.
Good to know /