Angra dos Reis
VISIT TO PARATY, A GEM OF COLONIAL BRAZIL
Giro turistico, Kultur
An interesting walking tour of the town of Paraty, whose small centre is a national historic monument with its perfectly preserved buildings and the cobbled roads typical of the colonies.
What we will see
- Angra Nuclear Power Plant
- Walking tour of Paraty
- Matriz church
- Casa da Cultura
- Largo do Rosario
- Largo de Santa Rita Flag Square
What we will do
- We leave the Angra Dos Reis port and head towards the picturesque town of Paraty. Along the road that connects Rio de Janeiro and São Paulo, we can observe Angra’s Nuclear Power Plant with its ANGRA I, ANGRA II and ANGRA III reactors supplying electricity to some of the country’s regions.
- We reach Paraty, a true historic heritage of Brazil as well as an architectural gem of the colonial period. We go on a historic walking tour to see the main churches, such as Matriz church, and admire the Casa da Cultura and the famous Masonic-style balconies.
- Our tour continues towards Largo do Rosario, Largo de Santa Rita with its church and Praça da Bandeira.
- At this point, we have some free time to do some shopping and find local handicrafts before returning to the coach which takes us back to Angra Dos Reis.
What you need to know
- The transfer from Angra Dos Reis to Paraty takes approximately 1 hour and 30 minutes.