THE MARVELS OF SALALAH, AMONGST ARCHAEOLOGY AND RELAXATION
Panorama, Nature, Beach, 2
In a nutshell An interesting excursion to discover Salalah's archaeological treasures, with opportunities for complete relaxation within an exclusive resort.
Good to know
- The Great Mosque (external visit)
- Al Husn Souk
- Palace of Al Husn
- Archaeological site of Al-Balid
- Lunch and relaxation within an exclusive resort
- Once we have left the port of Salalah, we will head to the Great Mosque.
- We will continue onto Al Husn Souk, the old market where incense, materials, gold and silver are sold.
- Finally, we will pass by the outside of Al Husn Palace, the summer residency of His Highness, Sultan Qaboos.
- The next stop on our tour will be the archaeological site of Al-Balid, where we will have the chance to get to know the archaeology, history and heritage of the region.
- Once the visit is finished, we will head to the resort to taste an international buffet lunch and spend some free time at the poolside.
- After this relaxing break by the pool, we will return to the port of Salalah and re-board the ship.
Good to know
- Dress code that is appropriate for the places of worship to be visited is recommended.
- Places on this excursion are limited. We recommend booking early.
- On Thursdays, Fridays and national holidays, museums, mosques, archaeological sites and shops may be closed without warning.
- Regulations forsee that ladies visiting the Mosque should have their heads covered by a scarf or a pashmina and to be wearing clothing with long sleeves covering until their wrists and a long dress until their ankles. Please avoid wearing shorts or sun dresses without sleeves and tight fitted clothing. Men entering the Mosque need to be wearing long trousers and shirts with short or long sleeves. Please avoid to wear shirts without sleeves or vest type tops. It is necessary to remove shoes to enter the Mosque. Visible tattoos must be covered. Guests must follow this regulation in order to be able to enter the Mosque.