SCUBA DIVING FOR BEGINNERS
We learn about the art of diving and go for a dip in the blue waters to admire Cozumel's spectacular coral reef as we take in the countless amazing marine species inhabiting the Caribbean Sea.
What we will see
- Briefing with scuba instructors for instructions and safety norms
- Crystal clear waters of the Caribbean Sea
- Tropical fish, lobsters, eels, crabs, stingrays and colourful coral
- Relaxation and snack at the Sunset Beach
- Snorkelling and swimming as far as the coral reef
What we will do
- Our excursion starts on a splendid beach where skilled PADI-certified scuba instructors provide a detailed briefing with all the instructions and safety norms necessary for the dive including scuba diving hand signals.
- After acquiring the basic notions, we set off on our underwater adventure together with another maximum three guests guided by our expert instructor who, from the beach, leads us to the calm shallow waters of the sea.
- When the water reaches our chests, we put on our flippers and masks and get used to breathing through the regulator. When we feel safe and ready, we start breathing underwater in the crystal clear Caribbean Sea.
- We start our 30-minute dive with our instructor and notice immediately how the crystal-clear waters offer a visibility of up to 30 metres.
- As we dive deeper and deeper, we can admire lobsters, eels, crabs, stingrays and many other colourful fish swimming among the amazing coral and gorgonia.
- On hitting the sea, the sunlight creates glimmering reflections like in an underwater paradise and the only sound we hear is our own breathing.
- Once we resurface, the instructor shows us two large posters where some of the marine species we have just spotted can be identified.
- Before getting back, we get the chance to relax a little at Sunset Beach.
- Those who wish to admire Cozumel's marine riches further can hire some snorkelling equipment for free and head back to the coral reef for a swim.
- Before leaving the beach and returning to the ship, if we fancy a snack, food and drinks can be purchased at the Sunset Beach restaurant-bar.
What you need to know
- Considering the nature and physical effort required by scuba diving, this excursion is not suitable for guests suffering from asthma, heart problems, high blood pressure or diabetes.
- For excursions along the coast, independent guides require that all guests can take part in the excursion safely. In case of medical conditions that may affect the possibility of taking part in the dive, please contact the Excursion manager before booking.
- Minimum age: 10 years.
- Guests must fill in and sign a medical questionnaire and a consent form to take part in the excursion.
- PADI certificate not required. The instructions supplied by certified instructors are sufficient.
- All the equipment necessary for the dive are supplied.
- Wetsuits are available at a cost of $10.
- Before entering the water, remove non-biodegradable sun cream.
- Free snorkelling equipment available.
- Underwater cameras not allowed in this excursion.