THE CHARM OF MIAMI BY LAND AND SEA
Giro turistico, Kultur
Spectacular skyscrapers reflecting into the sea, endless beaches dotted with palm trees and picturesque neighbourhoods with the most varied soul - Bohemian, Déco, Latin or lavishly luxurious. A fascinating sightseeing tour with a fabulous cruise along the bay are the ideal combination to discover the incredible city of Miami.
What we will see
- City centre, towering skyscrapers in the financial district
- Little Havana: Calle Ocho, strong Hispanic influence
- Coconut Grove bohemian district
- South Beach and Art Deco District
- Bayside Marketplace: Biscayne Bay cruise
- Port of Miami with cruise ships
- Fisher Island, Star Island and Palm Island: luxury celebrity villas
What we will do
- We board a coach for a sightseeing tour of Miami, the eclectic and cosmopolitan capital of Florida. We travel through the city centre where we can marvel at the towering skyscrapers in the financial district along Brickell Avenue.
- Our next stop is Little Havana, a charming district bursting with Caribbean colours and rhythms, where the Cuban refugees who reached Florida in the 1960s settled.
- We travel along the streets which have a strong Hispanic spirit, like Calle Ocho with its series of artisan cigar shops, lively Cuban restaurants and bustling shops.
- Then we reach the historic bohemian district of Coconut Grove, the oldest and most elegant in the city, famous for its refined restaurants, picturesque cafés and fabulous boutiques.
- We continue towards the popular South Beach, a spectacular stretch of white sand, and admire the charming streets of the Art Deco District, where we find the largest concentration of Deco buildings in the world.
- Once at the Bayside Marketplace, we get on a boat to enjoy a pleasant cruise of Biscayne Bay.
- We see the port of Miami, considered the cruise capital of the world, and Fisher Island, an exclusive location with multi-million-pound villas owned by celebrities of the past and present such as Oprah Winfrey, Boris Becker, Mel Brooks and Paul Newman.
- We cruise past Star Island, an artificial island that is also home to magnificent villas with landscaped gardens and luxury pools directly overlooking the sea. We get a glimpse of Gloria Estefan’s residence and of the cottage where Elizabeth Taylor and Eddie Fisher spent their honeymoon.
- Finally, we reach Palm Island where the spectacular mansion that belonged to Al Capone is located and then we head back towards Bayside as we admire the enchanting Miami skyline.
What you need to know
- We recommend that you book early because only a limited number of places are available.