SKY SAFARI ZIPLINE
A marvellous day enjoying an incredible experience with the 4x4 tour activities and zipline adventures at 400 metres, upon the discovery of the historic estate of Wingfield Estate. Entertainment and adrenaline guaranteed!
What we will see
- Zip line starts from Wingfield Estate and Romney Gardens
- Giants' valley: monkeys in wild fruit trees, the national park of Brimstone Hill fortress, Old Road village, Caribbean Sea, Mount Liamuiga
- Tropical forest on zipline
What we will do
- Our tour begins in the oldest part of Wingfield Estate, the historic English estate in the eastern area of the Caribbean which houses Romney Gardens, a botanical paradise which spans 5 hectares across an expansive and well looked-after ground, the first proprietor of which was Samuel Jefferson, the great-great grandfather of Thomas Jefferson the third President of the United States.
- After a brief explanation on surroundings and a test run with the instructor, we will hop on-board a 4x4 vehicle to discover the famous Giants' valley, where we will meet agile monkeys jumping amongst the wild fruit trees and observe the fantastic panorama which includes thenational park of Brimstone Hill fortress (construction dating back to 1690 boasting an unusual shape and which, in the past, was known as 'Gibraltar of the West Indies', and which was declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1999 as well as being one of the best preserved fortifications of the Americas, least forgetting a tribute to the ability of British military engineering and the work of African slaves), thebeach village of Old Road where in 1623 the first English colonists landed, the sugar cane factories the island's gem, theCaribbean Sea and theMount Liamuiga crater (1156 metres), the highest point of the volcano on St. Kitts.
- Once we have finished our 4x4 ride, another thrilling adventure awaits, this time on a zipline: with over 1 km of lines created using the most advanced technology in the world and a complex system of North-American designed harnesses, cables and pulleys, we can travel at 60 km/h in complete safety, comfortably seated with our arms and legs completely free, flying like birds amongst the trees, over valleys and rivers and through tunnels of plant life (this park was awarded the North American Amusement Park certificate, for guaranteed safety and efficiency).
- Travelling along the zipline, we will be surprised by the marvellous panoramic view of the tropical forest, the coast and and far-off crystal-clear sea, whilst remaining comfortably seated as if we were in a lounger on the beach, enjoying the experience in complete tranquillity.
What you need to know
- This excursion does not include the services of a guide.
guests wishing to bring along personal effects on tour would have the option to
leave items at the base and rent a locker to keep their personal items. Guests
will also not be allowed to take items outside of what is normally accepted on
tour or leave them on the bus.