WHALE WATCHING AT AKUREYRI
Iceland is one of the best locations for whale watching. The abundant marine wildlife in the waters around Akureyri attracts over twenty species of whales, dolphins and porpoises.
What we will see
- Akureyri: breathtaking view of the Eyjafjordur
- Whale watching
What we will do
- We will jump on board a boat moored a few metres from the port of Akureyri.
- Our adventure will start right after being greeted by members of the crew - the boat will leave from Eyjafjordur ("Island Fjord"), where we will be able to admire the beauty of the snowy mountains that create the longest fjord in northern Iceland.
- A biologist will be our guide to see the Ocean's gentle giants - he will provide us with information and curiosities regarding the many species we will meet during our excursion and advise us on how to make the most of this experience.
- Leaving Akureyri, we will have a 95% chance of seeing the 20 whale species that live in the Ocean north of Iceland - during this amazing outing, popular with both adults and kids, we might see blue whales, humpback whales, killer whales and even dolphins.
- In addition to the whales, we will also get the chance to meet other inhabitants of the area such as the cute Puffins, the symbol of Iceland.
- We recommend taking a camera with you, because these animals can often be seen together, creating an exalting spectacle, thus enabling us to take home breathtaking photographs.
- By behaving properly, we can get the whales to trust us and accompany us for many hours - we will be part of their dances, encompassed by their splashes and charmed by their singing.
- We will then head back while reciprocating the solemn wave of their tales.
What you need to know
- Places on this excursion are limited. We recommend booking early to avoid disappointment.
- This excursion includes an English speaking guide.