A WALK THROUGH KRISTIANSAND
Sightseen, Culture & local gems , Passepartour, From 1 to 3 hours walking
Being the business centre of Southern Norway, Kristiansand has a long and fascinating history. This guided walking tour is the ideal way to discover Kristiansand's past and its most interesting corners.
- Excursion on foot with a guide
- Kristiansand, fish market, cathedral, market square, Posebyen, old town district
- Kristiansand, the capital city of the south, was nearly destroyed by bombing in 1940. With its reconstruction a new image of the city with modern, colourful buildings emerged.
- Our guided walk begins at the pier and we soon reach the fish market, where we can look around the stalls with various local seafood specialities.
- Proceeding in our tour we go past the cathedral and the market square.
- The oldest part of the city has a grid plan with streets at right angles, known in Norwegian as the Kvadraturen. Part of this area called Posebyen constitutes the longest continuous lines of low, wooden houses in Northern Europe.
- The guide tells us all about the big fire that destroyed half of the city's houses and how the locals managed to make small specialty boutiques and cafes flourish in this part of the old borough.
Good to know
- We recommend that you book early because only a limited number of places are available.
- This excursion is not recommended for guests with mobility problems.
- Comfortable shoes are recommended.