A WALK TO DISCOVER NAPLES AND ITS FLAVOURS
PasseparTour, Culture, Gourmet Tours, Tasting
An unforgettable promenade in the heart of Naples to discover its most fascinating nooks and crannies and intriguing anecdotes, and its most characteristic flavours
What we will see
- Maschio Angioino
- Piazza del Gesù Nuovo, Church of Gesù Nuovo and Basilica of Santa Chiara
- Pizzeria Firenzano
- Piazza del Plebiscito
- San Carlo Opera House
- Galleria Umberto I
- The Royal Palace
What we will do
- As soon as we leave the port we will enjoy the view of the Maschio Angioino and Vomero Hill, from where we can view the splendid Certosa di San Martino (Carthusian Monastery of Saint Martin). We then head to Via Monteoliveto, immersing ourselves in a jumble of old and modern architecture - venerable churches and buildings more typical of the architecture of the fascist period - as we make our way into the historic city centre.
- In Piazza del Gesù Nuovo we find a tapering 18th-century Marian column and we visit the Church of Gesù Nuovo (New Jesus) - one of the most important churches of the city and home to work by some of the major artists of the Neapolitan school - and the nearby Gothic Basilica of Santa Chiara (Saint Clare), which was built at the beginning of the 14th century on the site of a Roman thermal complex dating to the second century AD. Here we will stop for some shopping in a typical Neapolitan Store
- Our itinerary continues along Piazzetta Monteoliveto and Via Toledo thanks which we will reach Piazza del Plebiscito
- From here always by walking we will start our amazing walk along the Seafront of Naples admiring the Castel dell’Ovo with its beautiful legends and anecdotes
- A stop for taste the Pizza is compulsory! Here pizza is served in keeping with the local tradition, folded in two like a wallet, to be eaten while you walk as true Neapolitans do.
- After this last stop our Neapolitan promenade continue to the Monumental Area where we will have the possibility to admire Piazza del Plebiscito, the Basilica o S. francesco de Paola, The Royal Palace, the meravillous San Carlo thatre and the Galleria Umberto I
- In few menutes we will return to the port with the maschio angioino besides.
- After this last stop our Neapolitan promenade comes to an end and we return to the ship with an resounding farewell ... arrivederci a presto!
What you need to know
- In order to guarantee the health of our guests, in compliance with the regulations and the respect of the safety protocol, the itineraries and the duration of the excursions may be subject to changes, even if not substantial.
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
- Space is limited, so please reserve early.
- This tour will take place entirely on foot.