ELBA GRAND TOUR
Giro turistico, Shopping, Tasting
The golden beaches of Marciana Marina and Marina di Campo, the typical manufacturing activities such as Marciana Marina's artisan perfumes and Porto Azzurro's minerals; a deeper look into their history including the medieval heart of Marciana and the Roman Villa delle Grotte.
What we will see
- Marciana Marina
- DOC wine tasting or perfume laboratory visit
- Refreshments with local specialities
- Marina di Campo
- Gulf of Lacona
- Roman Villa delle Grotte
- Medici Fortresses
What we will do
- The excursion takes us around this charming little island and shows us its most exclusive and picturesque spots.
- The first stage of this tour takes us to Marciana Marina for a relaxing walk along the seafront in the shade of the Tamarisk trees.
- For a closer look at this region's unique features, we can choose between an Elba DOC wine tasting session or a visit to the Profumi dell'Elba artisan perfume laboratory.
- Next we will discover the historic commune of Marciana, where we can admire the romantic medieval town centre and snack on one of the local specialities.
- Then it's back on the coach for a trip along the west coast of the island, through picturesque seaside villages.
- After a short stop for photos, we set off for Marina di Campo; once a small fishing village, it is now one of the most famous tourist areas and has the longest sandy beach on the island. There we will have free time to relax on the 2-km stretch of fine sand lapped by crystal-clear waters.
- From Marina di Campo, the tour heads to Porto Azzurro along the scenic coastal road that runs along the Gulf of Lacona.
- Once we reach Porto Azzurro, we can take advantage of some free time to explore this vibrant seaside town that was once devoted to mineral extraction and processing and is now an important tourist attraction.
- Our last stop before heading back to Portoferraio includes a quick visit to the remains at the Roman Villa delle Grotte, located in a panoramic position above the Grotte promontory which overlooks the Portoferraio Gulf. From here we can admire the Medici Fortresses and our ship docked at the port.
What you need to know
Space is limited, so please reserve early.