THE WHITE VILLAGES OF ANDALUSIA
Panorama, PasseparTour, Culture
In a nutshell
An excursion that visits two of Anadalusia's typical white villages, one on the coast, the other inland, to rediscover the characteristic atmosphere and flavours of the region.
- Vejer de la Frontera, Plaza de España
- Conil de la Frontera
- We begin our tour in Vejer de la Frontera, a typical village of white houses nestled between the Sierra and the sea, overlooking the mouth of the Barbate river. Walking through the narrow streets and winding lanes, we can experience the typical Andalusian atmosphere of this pueblo and admire its wonderful architecture, which bears witness to five centuries of Arabic domination.
- We reach Plaza de España, the palm-lined main square, where we are charmed by the fountain, which features some beautiful azulejos, or tilework. We have a little free time to discover every corner of this beautiful village, from the city walls that encircle the settlement to the patios of the houses, which are adorned with flowers.
- Our tour continues with a trip to Conil de la Frontera, the pearl of the Costa de la Luz, and brimming with historic monuments and typical shops. Here we take a walk through the narrow lanes that criss-cross the village of white houses.
- As we conclude our tour, we will have some free time during which we can tickle our taste buds with tapas in one of the many local bars, enjoy the sun on the beautiful beach or take a dive in the ocean.