Sightseen, Culture & local gems, Less than 1 hour walking, 53
In a nutshell A day discovering Gibraltar, a British oasis in the Iberian peninsula and a land rich in architectural and landscape wonders.
Good to know
- Gibraltar, city centre
- Trafalgar cemetery
- Europa Point, Ibrahim-al-Ibrahim Mosque
- St. Michael's Caves with their wild Barbary macaques
- Moorish castle
- From Cádiz, we reach Gibraltar, where we will get off the coach and onto a minibus, the ideal means of transport on the narrow roads to admire the wonderful scenery.
- We will enter the walls of the city from the West of the Rock, passing in front of the Trafalgar cemetery, whose name commemorates the battle of 1805, and continue towards the Europa Point, the southernmost point in Gibraltar, only 21 km from North Africa. From here, there is a breathtaking view and, if the sky is clear, it is possible to see the African coast.
- In addition to the lighthouse, Europa Point is also home to the Ibrahim-al-Ibrahim mosque, recently built by Kind Fahd of Saudi Arabia.
- We will then discover one of the most interesting attractions in Gibraltar - the St. Michael's caves which date back 250 thousand years with their stalagmites and stalactites creating an amazing atmosphere. Thanks to their beauty, they often serve as a setting for concerts, ballet and other events.
- A particular and thrilling meeting with the real residents of these caves awaits us - Barbary macaques - the only ones in Europe that still live in the wild.
- We will then go back to the city, where we can admire the Moorish castle, a testimony to Arab domination, with its imposing tower that still houses the Arab baths.
- Before going back to the coach, we will still have some free time for a walk around the heart of Gibraltar, characterised by its typical British atmosphere.
Good to know
- This excursion is not recommended for guests with mobility problems.
- For logistic reasons the visit in Gibilterra will take place on minibuses as roads are not accessible to standard Buses.
- This tour includes a basket lunch prepared by our ship staff.
- To participate in the tour, guests from extra-Schengen countries must have a valid passport and visa (Shengen).
- Is not allow to bring Baby strollers during the tour.
- This tour is not available for guests with wheelchairs even if the can be folded.