THE WONDERS OF KEFALONIA
An intriguing itinerary to discover the wonders of Kefalonia, the largest of the Ionian Islands: from the enchanting Drogarati caves to the Melissani Lake, one of the most beautiful underground caves in the world.
What we will see
- Mount Ainos
- Drogarati Caves
- Melissani Lake
What we will do
- As the coach leaves the port, we will be treated to splendid panoramic glimpses as we make our way up to Mount Ainos, and on to the Drogarati Caves. An unforgettable experience awaits us: a flight of steps leads us to a breathtaking vision of magical stalactites and stalagmites in an almost unreal atmosphere. Concerts are often held in the larger chamber, which is blessed with extraordinary acoustics. It has also seen a performance by the Divine: Maria Callas.
- Our tour continues towards the Melissani Lake: an underground lake, where the turquoise water is lit by the sun's rays. An artificial tunnel leads us down to the lake, where we climb aboard a small rowing boat to admire this incredible sight of nature. Ancient relics from the Minoan culture have been found in the cave, which used to be the place of worship of the god Pan. Before leaving the cave, we will immerse ourselves in the enchanted atmosphere and admire the numerous stalactites and stalagmites.
- On our way back, we will have a brief photo stop for a final glimpse of the cobalt blue sea and the beach of Myrtos.
What you need to know
- This excursion is not recommended for guests with mobility problems and pregnant women.
- The Drogarati Caves excursion involves walking up and down stairs.