THE MARVELS OF LAKE ROTORUA AND THE SECRETS OF KIWIFRUITS
Naturrundtur, Underhållning, Tasting
A fascinating lake of volcanic origin is the idyllic setting of a boat excursion between enchanting panoramas and seductive atmospheres followed by an intriguing visit to a kiwifruit plantation where we discover how they are grown as well as the charm of Maori culture. A delicious snack and some free time for shopping or a tasting session are the perfect way to end an unforgettable experience.
What we will see
- Rotorua lake
- Boat tour of the lake: lovely surrounding views
- Short sightseeing tour of Rotorua
- Kiwifruit Country plantation
- Guided visit of the orchard
- Maori cultural show
- Snack with tea and fresh kiwifruits
- Free time for tasting sessions and purchases in the local shop
What we will do
- Our excursion starts with a coach transfer through the rural countryside to Rotorua, a significant centre of geothermal activity and the cradle of Maori culture.
- We reach lake Rotorua, a tranquil lake of volcanic origin formed inside a crater.
- Once there, we board a motorboat and venture on a thrilling boat tour of the lake with the wind blowing through our hair as we admire the surrounding scenery.
- We then go back to our coach and enjoy a short sightseeing tour of Rotorua to spot some of the city’s most interesting sights such as the amazing Government Gardens with their roses and steaming spa baths.
- We finally reach Kiwifruit Country, an amazing tourist attraction that celebrates kiwifruit, once known as “Chinese gooseberry”, and their incredible beneficial effects on our health.
- A local guide gets on the coach to accompany us on a guided tour of the orchard: we explore the plantation to learn everything about this famous plant and learn the secrets of its production cycle.
- Afterwards, we move on to the visitor centre where we have the chance to attend a Maori show, an authentic expression of the culture of this ancient people.
- We enjoy a mid-morning or afternoon snack with some freshly-made fragrant tea and a slice of fresh kiwi.
- Before getting back on the coach and returning to the ship, we have some free time to try a selection of fruits, juices and liqueurs or buy some souvenirs and body lotions in the local shop.
What you need to know
- There is limited availability of English speaking guides.