GENOA AND ITS FOCACCIA
Discovery & taste, Sightseen, Designed for families, MyExploration, Passepartour, From 1 to 3 hours walking, 52
The Genoa of the Genoese awaits you: with its old town, from the Ancient Port to the Home of Columbus, through its ancient little shops, ending with a taste of Genoese focaccia, the coveted final prize.
- Ancient Port
- Old town, traditional old shops
- Columbus' House: external visit
- Traditional snack with Genoese focaccia
- Genoa reflects the nature of its inhabitants, reserved and direct, more interested in action rather than words. The gray slate roofs hide artistic treasures of great value. Rubens, Dickens, Van Dyck, to name a few, have all been able to capture its rugged beauty.
- The tour of the old town starts from the Ancient Port. From here, our guide will take you through the characteristic narrow streets, known locally as 'caruggi', to discover hidden corners. As you stroll along, you'll discover many traditional old shops reflecting the city's traditions and excellent food and wine: from pesto to pandolce, Pigato to Vermentino wine, you can pick up many local products.
- Near Columbus' House, make sure you taste some Genoese focaccia, as simple as it is delicious. Water, flour, salt and extra virgin olive oil all find the perfect balance. Below a crunchy crust, the soft heart of the bread melts in your mouth with every bite. This is the authentic Genoese breakfast.
Good to know
- Slight changes may be made to itineraries and the length of excursions to protect your health and to comply with regulations and the safety protocol.