TANGO PORTEÑO: SHOW WITH DRINKS
Underhållning, Drink included
An unforgettable show to experience the very heart and soul of the Argentinian capital by going back in time to the Buenos Aires of the 1940s and to the glory days when the city used to live and breathe tango.
What we will see
- Tango Porteño, Art Déco, 1940s Buenos Aires
- Show, dancing, music
What we will do
- Originally from Argentina, tango is known and loved all over the world. Tango appeared for the first time in the suburbs of Buenos Aires around 1880 but nothing is known of how it was created and even its etymology is uncertain. It appeared suddenly as a sort of common language of the people of Buenos Aires. Before becoming famous, this dance was prohibited because of its sensuality and passion. Nowadays, however, it represents the image and most authentic character of Buenos Aires.
- Tango Porteño is a unique place that magically reproduces the most important era in the history of tango located in a luxurious building dating back to the early 20th century and which used to be a theatre-cinema owned by Metro Goldwyn Meyer. It now combines an elegant setting and the Art Déco style with a high-quality artistic programme and dishes that honour the era.
- The show is organised in the style of Broadway musicals and recreates the golden age of 1940s tango, a glorious era when tango used to be danced spontaneously on each corner of Buenos Aires, with the setting and costumes recreated with the utmost attention to detail providing the audience with an unforgettable experience.
What you need to know
- The excursion is reserved for guests who do not disembark in Buenos Aires.
- Seating is not assigned, tables are allocated upon arrival to the venue.