IN THE HEART OF CAMARGUE
Panorama, Nature, Culture, Lunch not included
We venture in the wild yet charming region of Camargue, visit an ornithological park to see the local flora and fauna up close and visit the lovely Saintes-Maries-de-la-Mer for some shopping and relaxation.
What we will see
- Tour of Camargue
- Parc Ornithologique du Pont de Gau
- Guided tour of the park
- Saintes-Maries-de-la-Mer: at own leisure
What we will do
- We leave Marseilles behind us and venture into spectacular Camargue, a series of swamps, ponds and paddy fields where nature still reigns supreme.
- Along the way, we are charmed by the magnificent views and could be lucky enough to spot the famous wild white horses or majestic untamed bulls grazing in the moorland.
- We stop at the Parc Ornithologique du Pont de Gau, which combines the joy of a stroll with the discovery of the bird species living in the region such as graceful flamingoes, once on the brink of extinction, herons, egrets and storks.
- We walk along paths, footbridges and walkways on a guided tour of the park, which covers 60 hectares of unspoilt nature where flora and fauna coexist in harmony in their natural habitat.
- After the visit, we leave the park and head towards the capital of Camargue, Saintes-Maries-de-la-Mer, a small fishing village with white houses dominated by a relaxed evocative atmosphere.
- Here, we have some free time to explore the town. We can wander around the shops, enjoy local specialities or visit the town sights before returning to the ship.
What you need to know
- The transfer to Camargue takes approximately 1,5 hour.