MINIATURE MEXICO, THE SECRETS OF TEQUILA AND THE AMAZING CHANKANAAB PARK
Bad, Kultur, Underhållning, Tasting
A unforgettable excursion to experience everything Mexico has to offer in a single day! Discover Mexican history and culture by admiring miniature reproductions of the largest national monuments and lovely handicrafts, visiting a tequila distillery with tasting session and snorkelling along the coast.
What we will see
- Discover Mexico theme-park
- Museum of Popular Arts
- Jose Cuervo® tequila distillery
- Tequila tasting session with tacos and tortillas buffet
- Chankanaab Adventure Beach Park
What we will do
- After meeting our local guide, we head towards the Discover Mexico theme-park, where we will learn about the vibrant Mexican culture as well as the history and tradition of a country with truly ancient roots.
- A thrilling 4D video takes us from the Mayan Riviera to Oaxaca as far as Chihuahua on a virtual journey to discover one of the most ancient and richest cultures in the world that has maintained its liveliness intact to this day.
- We follow the evolution of ancient pre-Columbian civilizations and admire the heritage of the Spanish colonial era along the open-air Miniature Mexico itinerary. We will admire miniature reproductions of ancient Mayan monuments such as the Chichén Itzá pyramids and Guadalajara temples as well as models of the most beautiful Baroque cathedrals in Mexico or of Paseo de la Reforma, an elegant boulevard in Mexico City.
- Stroll along tropical gardens populated by turtles and iguanas with their lush coconut, papaya and banana trees.
- In the Museum of Popular Arts, we can admire typical Mexican artefacts from all over the country such as black clay ceramics made with the barro negro technique and the eccentric alebrijes, carved wooden animals typical of Oaxaca. We enter a souvenir shop where we can buy handicrafts made in Mexico, many of which cannot be found elsewhere in the Caribbean.
- Our journey through Mexican culture continues with a visit to the Jose Cuervo® tequila distillery, where we learn about the origins, the distillation process and the different versions of the most famous of Mexican spirits.
- At the end, we will enjoy a lovely tasting session of the best tequila varieties: blanco (unaged), reposado (aged) and añejo (extra aged). A buffet of home-made tacos and tortillas, delicious Mexican salsas and exceptional margaritas ends this unique experience.
- But our day is yet to finish, as we head towards the fantastic Chankanaab Adventure Beach Park.
- Grab mask, snorkel and flippers and dive into the crystal-clear Caribbean waters to admire the underwater flora and fauna populating the amazing Cozumel coast.
- We can also attend a sea lion show, check out the playful dolphins living in the park or visit the botanic garden with its giant fiery red heliconias and other magnificent tropical plants.
What you need to know
- This excursion will be conducted in English or Spanish.
- This excursion is not recommended for guests who suffer from sea sickness.
- Before setting off on the excursion, participants will be asked to fill in a liability release form in English.