TREKKING AND BIRDWATCHING IN THE VERMONT VALLEY
Naturrundtur, Drink included
An itinerary dedicated to hiking and birdwatching enthusiasts - a walk along the Vermont Nature Trail through a lush tropical forest accompanied by the chirping of birds for an enjoyable life experience.
What we will see
- Vermont Valley: hiking and birdwatching
What we will do
- A hike in Vermont Valley enables us to discover St. Vincent's beautiful flora and fauna.
- The coach takes us along a panoramic route from Kingstown to the lush Vermont Valley.
- After providing us with instructions, the guide takes us on a 2 hour hike of the green hills. In this 10,870 hectare reserve, there are 3 km of well-signed paths through a variety of forest habitats with explanatory panels illustrating the flora and fauna.
- The path winds through cultivated fields, forest plantations and rainforests where, with a bit of luck, we may spot the parrot known as the Saint Vincent amazon (Amazona guildingii).
- This species lives exclusively in Saint Vincent with a population of around 500 specimens. We will hear its characteristic chirp and watch it fly under the vault created by the forest vegetation.
- During our tour, our guide will provide information on the island's flora and fauna and on its fascinating protected species. Among the specimens populating this area is the merlin, cocoa thrush, crested hummingbird, green heron, species that birdwatching enthusiasts will surely enjoy.
- The itinerary winds through a landscape where the sunlight struggles to penetrate the enormous plant where the trees reach up towards the sky, where the sound of streams and the chirping of birds make us feel close to nature in a primordial way.
- We are then offered refreshing drinks before heading back to Kingstown.
What you need to know
- The excursion is only suitable for those in good physical shape and is not recommended for those who suffer with vertigo.
- Children are not allowed to take part.
- You must wear footwear suited to trekking on unpaved, uneven and wet ground.
- Participants are advised to wear light clothing and a hat c and to bring sun cream, backpack and insect repellent and a bottle of water.
- Wild animal sightings are very likely but not guaranteed.