TO BEQUIA IN A CATAMARAN: THE UNSPOILT PARADISE OF THE GRENADINES
Giro turistico, Naturrundtur, Bad, Meal included
A catamaran trip to one of the most unspoilt locations in the Caribbean. With its 5,000 inhabitants, Bequia welcomes us with its secluded beaches and idleness typical of southern lands. Diving into the water will be like discovering a corner of our planet rarely visited by humans.
What we will see
- Bequia: catamaran tour of the island
- Swim at Princess Margaret Beach
What we will do
- We board a catamaran and head to Bequia, one of the most beautiful and unspoilt islets of the Grenadines 14 km south of Saint Vincent.
- Bequia is the second largest island in the Grenadines covering over 18 sq km and with only 5,000 inhabitants. A corner of the planet truly off the beaten tourist track, as electricity was unknown in the area until 1969 and the first plane landed there only 23 years later.
- The life of the locals revolves entirely around construction of boats and fishing.
- We stroll along the Port Elizabeth sea front, with its charming boutiques and restaurants. A run-down yet lively city populated by Rastas on bikes with fish hanging from the handlebars and locals carving boat models. Everything with the soft idleness typical of these areas.
- We continue our tour with a glimpse of Moonhole, a famous unusual residential community where houses are nestled between rock formations and natural arches.
- We then reach Petit Nevis and Île de Quatre, with the last active whaling station in the Caribbean.
- Afterwards, our skipper will head to an area of Bequia suitable for diving, perfect for those wishing to enjoy the underwater Grenadine scenery. This tranquil dock, with the waves gently lapping the boat, is where we have our lunch break.
- We move on to Princess Margaret Beach to relax on the beach and go for a swim. The beach was named after the Queen’s sister who chose it for her honeymoon in 1960 and is an unspoilt place dotted with yachts and a wooden pier perfect for diving.
- The time has come to reluctantly leave Bequia and head back to Saint Vincent.
What you need to know
- We recommend that you book early because only a limited number of places are available.
- Safety and trip information will be provided by the crew in English.
- Do not forget to bring swimwear, a towel, sunglasses and sun cream.
- This excursion does not include a guide.
- You need to be physically fit and able to swim to take part in this excursion.