EXPERIENCE: THE WONDERS, FLAVOURS AND TRADITIONS OF SANTORINI
Giro turistico, Kultur, Tasting
The characteristic churches, blue domes, white houses, melodies of sirtaki, aromas of the sea and narrow alleyways that suddenly reveal breath-taking glimpses of the panorama: on this excursion, Santorini will find a place in your heart that it will always hold.
What we will see
- Monastery of the Prophet Elijah
- Tasting of typical products, accompanied by traditional dance
What we will do
- We will board a motor boat to Athinios harbour, where we will set off to discover the north-east of the island of Santorini. Our coach will take us to the picturesque village of Oia, which will treat us to breath-taking views of the spellbinding caldera and across the entire island.
- Every corner of the village, characterised by classic white houses suspended over the cliff tops, cobbled streets and magnificent mansions, is worthy of a photograph. The fame of the traditional architecture of the Cyclades is undoubtedly well-deserved! Take advantage of some free time to stroll along the alleyways dominated by whites and blues, before browsing the quaint shops.
- We will leave Oia for the Monastery of the Prophet Elijah. Perched on the island's highest point, it boasts magnificent views of the caldera. The monastery dates back to the 18th century and is a splendid example of Byzantine art.
- We will discover the flavours and aromas of Greek cuisine in a well-known restaurant with panoramic views. Entertainment during our lunch will take the form of typical Greek dancing: a real treat for the body and mind!
- Once fed and watered, we will continue on to Fira, the island's capital, perched on the caldera at 250 metres above sea level.
What you need to know
- Places on this excursion are limited. We recommend booking early to avoid disappointment.