TSUTENKAKU TOWER AND THE SHIN-SEKAI DISTRICT (JAPAN/EU)
Giro turistico, Lunch not included
An exciting route exploring an unusual part of Osaka, visiting the picturesque Shin-Sekai district where a slightly old-fashioned city survives, a far cry from Japan’s futuristic metropolis. Amidst little shops and budget restaurants, we will be surprised by the popular Tsutenkaku Tower, which offers unforgettable views of the city from its lookout point.
What we will see
- Tsutenkaku Tower
- 360-degree views of the city of Osaka
- Shin-Sekai district with its picturesque streets, budget restaurants and shops
What we will do
- We start off our excursion in Osaka with one of the city’s icons, Tsutenkaku tower, standing 103 metres tall in the Shin-Sekai district.
- Built in 1912, damaged by a fire and rebuilt after the Second World War, the "Tower Reaching Heaven” (the meaning of tsutenkaku) is a popular tourist destination offering 360° views over the city of Osaka from its lookout 90 metres above ground.
- We will then visit the Shin-Sekai district, which literally means “new world”, considered as such by the futuristically spirited urban planners who built it in the early 20th century.
- Nowadays, the district has a run-down yet fascinating charm and is a prime example of folksy Japan in “old” Osaka.
- We will stroll along the picturesque streets dotted with shops, old pachinko halls (the most popular game of chance in Japan, a mixture of pinball and a slot machine), budget restaurants and colourful signs in a world that time seems to have forgotten.
What you need to know
- The length of the coach transfer depends on the itinerary.
- We recommend that you book early because only a limited number of places are available.
- Traffic jams are to be expected during tourist season.
- Money cannot be exchanged at the port; we recommend buying Japanese yen beforehand.
- Visibility during the tour is subject to weather conditions.
- Comfortable shoes are recommended.
- There is limited availability of guides that speak English and other European languages.