PANORAMIC TOUR OF ROME AND VISIT TO ST. PETER'S (Excursion included in the World Cruise fare)
Kultur, Lunch not included
This excursion retraces the main stages of the long history of Rome, the cradle of civilization and Christianity, an amazing city with immense historical, artistic and spiritual wealth.
What we will see
- Trevi Fountain
- Piazza Navona
- St. Peter's Square and St. Peter's Basilica
What we will do
- When we arrive in Rome, we begin our visit with a sightseeing tour of the city (by coach) that takes us to some of Rome's most famous monuments including the magnificent Colosseum, built by the Emperors of the Flavian dynasty for public entertainment. We leave the coach to admire this symbolic monument of ancient Rome from the exterior and we continue on foot.
- Our itinerary takes us to the Trevi Fountain, a magnificent Baroque monument that attracts visitors of the Eternal City because of the custom of throwing coins into the water with your back to the fountain: one to make sure you return to Rome and a second one to make a wish.
- The tour proceeds to the Pantheon, one of the best preserved monuments of Antiquity, built by the Emperor Hadrian in honour of all the gods.
- Our next stop is Piazza Navona, one of the landmarks of the city, which is still steeped in the atmosphere of when it was the scene of circus games in 17th century Rome. Here we have free time for lunch.
- Our main destination awaits us in the afternoon: St. Peter's Square with its magnificent Basilica.
- We enter St. Peter's Basilica to visit this symbol of the Vatican State, built on the tomb of the St. Peter. Inside they are priceless treasures of art including the Pietà, the beautiful marble sculpture by Michelangelo.
- At the end of the excursion we set off by coach to return to the ship.
What you need to know
- The transfer to Rome takes approximately 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- Comfortable shoes are recommended. Dress code that is appropriate for the places of worship to be visited is recommended.
- This excursion includes a walk that usually lasts 2 hours and 30 minutes, it is therefore not recommended for guests with mobility problems.
- We recommend that you book early because only a limited number of places are available.
- During religious functions the visit to the Basilica will only be a tour of the exterior.
- Due to new security control procedures many tourist sites may have long queues even for booked groups. For this reason access to St. Peter's Basilica or other monuments may not be guaranteed.