DISCOVER THE MARVELLOUS NORWAY: HIKE AND TRAIN
Amid snowy mountains and deep gorges: a unique opportunity to immerse yourself in Norway's spectacular landscapes aboard the famous Flåm Railway before discovering the beauty of nature on foot.
What we will see
- Flåm Railway
- Spectacular landscapes
- Blomheller or Berekvam
What we will do
- We will set off from Flåm, a village with 450 inhabitants that takes its name from the ancient Norwegian word flá, which means plain and refers to the flood plains of the River Flåm.
- The Flåm Railway, or Flåmsbana, is one of the world's steepest railways: 80% of its length has a gradient of 5.5%. We will admire spectacular sights, steep mountains and thundering waterfalls as we pass through 20 tunnels, captivated by the variety of the landscapes. National Geographic has named the Flåmsbana one of the world's ten most picturesque train rides, while Lonely Planet described it as the most beautiful of all in 2014.
- On arrival at Vatnahalsen (Aurland Valley) station, we will begin our walk up river towards Blomheller (approx. 7 km) or Berekvam (approx 9 km). As we walk, we will literally be surrounded by the wonderful natural paradise of the fjords.
- As soon as we arrive in Blomheller (or Berekvam), we will board a train back to the port of Flåm.
What you need to know
- Places on this excursion are limited. We recommend booking early to avoid disappointment.
- You must be physically fit to take part in this excursion and not suffer from back pain.
- It is recommended to wear low healed, sturdy comfortable shoes as hike's lengh is appr 8-9 km.