NATURE IN KEFALONIA
Designed for families, Culture & local gems , MyExploration, Passepartour, Less than 1 hour walking
The reflections on the Melissani Lake, the small fishing village of Agia Efimia and a dip in the sea at Myrtos beach, one of the most beautiful in the world. Three different examples of the nature of Kefalonia. Sea, sun and traditions at the center of your excursion.
- Melissani Lake: dancing lights and stalactites
- Village of Agia Efimia: taverns and cafés
- The white beach of Myrtos: photo stop
- It was in 1953 that the roof collapsed, revealing the underground lake and enabling the sun to illuminate it for the first time. The beauty of Melissani Lake, also known as the ”cave of the nymphs”, lies in this play of colors between the light and the sea. You'll reach it by boat amid stalactites, stalagmites, salt water from the sea, and fresh water from the natural spring located 20 meters below ground.
- It's time to make your friends jealous on social media by taking a ton of selfies on Myrtos beach. The small white stones of the beach reflect the sun and make it even brighter when you see it from above.
Good to know
- This is one of the most popular excursions so book early.