TIME OUT ON THE BEACH OF CARCAVELOS
In a nutshell We travel by coach through Lisbon, admiring some of the major monuments, as we head towards the Carcavelos beach with its boundless stretch of sand overlooking the waves of the Atlantic Ocean.
Good to know
- Sightseeing tour of Lisbon
- Praça do Comércio and the Belém district
- Carcavelos beach
- We begin our excursion with a sightseeing tour of Lisbon, a fascinating city that over the centuries has charmed travellers and sailors.
- Keeping to the coast, we can admire some of the main places of interest in the Portuguese capital: the great Praça do Comércio, with its five Catholic churches and typical colonial houses, and the historic district of Belém dotted with monuments dating back to the 15th and 16th century, built to celebrate the Portuguese discoveries.
- We leave the city, heading west along the northern bank of the Tagus River towards the most popular beaches accessible from central Lisbon, with their expanses of sand lapped by the ocean.
- Our final destination is Carcavelos beach, where the Portuguese traditionally go on New Year's Eve for their first swim of the year. A kilometre and a half long its clean water is renowned for surfing, golden sand and excellent facilities.
- We have around three hours of free time available to enjoy this enchanting location undisturbed, sunbathing, going for a dip or just admiring the view.
Good to know