EXPLORING MAHE FROM NORTH TO SOUTH
Nature, Meal included
All the charm of the island of Mahé on a single excursion: from the capital Victoria to the southern beaches, we'll admire the typical architecture, encounter rare animals and plants, savour delicious dishes of creole cuisine and discover the local handicrafts. A whole world in one day!
What we will see
- Guided tour of Victoria
- Clock tower, National Library and market
- Botanical Gardens
- Sans Souci Road and Mission Lodge
- Typical lunch at a restaurant
- Relaxing on the beach
- Craft Village and shopping
What we will do
- Our excursion begins with a guided tour of Victoria, one of the smallest capitals in the world, with its quirky charm.
- During the tour of the city, partly by coach and partly on foot, we'll see the historic clock tower, the building of the modern National Library and the lively, colourful market.
- We continue towards the magnificent Botanical Gardens, which we'll visit with the guide. They contain some of the most representative species of the local flora and fauna; the highlights are the colonies of giant tortoises and fruit bats, also known as flying foxes, and the coco de mer, the largest seed in the world, one of the symbols of the Seychelles.
- We continue our visit, travelling along the winding Sans Souci Road until we arrive at the historic Mission Lodge, where we can visit the ruins of a school dedicated to the children of freed slaves, and savour one of the most evocative views on the island.
- It's now time for lunch, which we'll enjoy at a restaurant overlooking one of the most enchanting beaches on Mahé. We'll be served creole specialities which, together with the extraordinary panorama, will make us feel like we have arrived in paradise.
- After lunch, the beach awaits, where we can relax, sunbathe and plunge into the refreshing crystal-clear waters.
- Returning to Victoria, we'll visit the Craft Village, a complex of houses in colonial style where local craftsmen display paintings, objects crafted from coconut, shell jewellery and models of boats, meticulous replicas of historic galleons.
- At the end of the visit we'll have some free time to shop for souvenirs.
- We then return to the port, passing through picturesque fishing villages.
What you need to know
- Places on this excursion are limited. We recommend booking early.
- We recommend bringing insect repellent.
- The vehicles used in this excursion vary in size, and some may lack air-conditioning.