TUK TUK TOUR OF DIEGO SUAREZ BAY
Kultur, Drink included
Breathtaking charm, impressive Baobab Plantations and historic scenery are three elements that make Diego Suarez Bay a unique location. Indeed, it is one of the most popular and evocative bays in Northern Madagascar.
What we will see
- Diego Suarez Bay
- Free time in Ramena
- Sugarloaf Mountain scenery
- Montagne des Français
What we will do
- We leave the Port of Diego Suarez, which is an important centre of Northern Madagascar, and we cross the spectacular Diego Suarez Bay in tuk tuks, the typical three-wheeled taxis. This is a splendid and perfectly concealed natural bay that is often rated as the third most beautiful in the world after those of Sydney and Rio de Janeiro. The location still bears a historic name (merging the names of Diego Diaz and Fernando Suarez, the two Portuguese navigators who discovered it in the 16th century). It is dominated by the Sugar Loaf Mountain, an island that recalls the more famous one in Brazil.
- We take the opportunity to have many photo stops to immortalise the famous baobabs, the trees with branches pointing upwards to the sky which have become a symbol of this land together with the cute lemurs. From here we can also take pictures of the Montagne des Français (the mountain of the French), the necropolis of the colonizers of the past, which was given that name in memory of the fighting between French and British colonial forces.
- We will also stop at the Ramena village and beach having some free time.
- We return to Diego Suarez on board out tuk tuks which take us around the city with a population of about 80,000 inhabitants where numerous Yemeni, Somali, Comorian, Arab, Chinese and Indo-Pakistani communities of traders cohabit with the local Malagasy population.
What you need to know
- This excursion is not recommended for guests with mobility problems.
- This excursion does not include a dedicate tour guide.
- Break with fresh fruit.
- Photo stops and free time.
- The capacity of Tuk Tuk is 2 people maximum.