MADAGASCAR: THE PLEASURE OF THE SENSES
Bad, Kultur, Shopping, Underhållning, Tasting
An exciting tour through the perfumes and magnificent flavours of the places that are most typical of Madagascar, a country that is waiting to be discovered.
What we will see
- The Village of Ambodisaina
- Canale des Pangalanes
- Welcome Cocktail at the Ariane Village Restaurant
- Tamatave and Bazar Be Market
What we will do
- We leave the Port to reach the typical village of Ambodisaina along the Canale des Pangalanes, which was built by the French during the colonial period. This network of canals parallel to the coastline is over 600 km long and it still represents the main means of transportation in the region.
- Along the road we can watch the locals going about their day to day business, the fishermen at work and boats that transport agricultural products and building materials such as bamboo and wood. Once in Ambodisaina we visit the village on foot to discover the local way of life of its inhabitants.
- We then reach the Ariane Village Restaurant where we can relax and enjoy a delicious welcome cocktail accompanied by a refreshing fruit buffet.
- During our free time on the beach we can indulge in a pleasant foot massage with essential oils.
- We then proceed in the direction of Tamatave to visit Bazar Be, a large market with spices and arts and crafts products where we have some free time to dedicate to our purchases. At the end of the market visit we return to the port.
What you need to know
Spaces are limited, so please reserve early. Be sure to take with you the beach towel provided in your cabin, sunglasses and sun cream. The beaches do not have any
facilities. Swimming is forbidden. The capacity for the jeeps is for 4 people. The means of transport used are small and do not have air conditioning. The excursion does not
feature guides on each bus but some local guides will assist groups providing information during the main stops. English speaking guides are available in limited numbers; if
they are not available, the excursions will be conducted in French. Due to the high number of tours and buses involved in the excursion there may not be a representative from
the ship present.