St. Denis – Le Port
THE NATURAL WONDERS AND CREOLE FLAVOURS OF THE SOUTHERN WILDS
Giro turistico, Naturrundtur, Fiske, Meal included
We explore the wilds of south Réunion, discovering breathtaking scenery and spectacular rock formations as we come face to face with the island’s volcanic landscape. The spirit of discovery extends to the table as we are guided through the true flavours of Réunion Creole cuisine by a local expert.
What we will see
- The baroque church of Sainte-Anne
- The church of Notre-Dame-des-Laves
- Anse des cascades
- The Grand Brûlé and lava flows
- Traditional lunch
- Cap Méchant
What we will do
- We leave the port by coach and head in the direction to teh East Cost.
- We will continue until Sainte-Anne to see the only baroque Church of the island completely renovated from the outside, and then preview from the East River suspension bridge.
- In Piton Sainte-Rose, we will discover the church “Notre Dame des Laves” spared by the Lava flow of 1977
- Next, we head to the Anse des Cascades, an inlet where several waterfalls and a delightful sea of palm trees combine to create a unique, natural spectacle.
- Before lunch we travel to the area known as the Grand Brûlé where, with the passing of the years and successive eruptions, the lava flows have formed a landscape of black rock that runs down into the deep, blue waters of the ocean.
- Lunch break at Le Palmier "guesthouse " to taste the delicious cookling of Mrs FIARDA. We will taste the palmist and some tradtional creole dishes.
- Then we will stop at Cap Méchant, a rocky promontory where the waves disintegrate into white foam as they crash against the walls of a natural arch in the cliffs.
- Our journey continues on to the Gouffre, close to the town of Étang-Salé. This is another geological formation in the coastline, a natural corridor that cuts into the volcanic rocks and offers wonderful views of the ocean.
- After this unforgetable experience we will come back to the ship
What you need to know
- Spaces are limited, so please reserve early.
- This excursion is reserved to the passengers that do not debark in La Reunion.
- The itinerary of this excursion may be reversed with a departure to the south, according to traffic.
- The means of transportation may vary and are of local standard; some may not have air conditioning.
- Restaurants and toilets may be of a local standard.
- The meteorological conditions may suddenly change and the visibility may be reduced.
- This excursion is reserved to the passengers that do not disembark in La Reunion.