OFF-ROAD ADVENTURE ON MOUNT ETNA VOLCANO
Giro turistico, Naturrundtur, Tasting
Our excursion will visit the fascinating Mount Etna, the highest active volcano in Europe. With breathtaking views, its natural environment has been forged by the lava released from the volcano over the millennia.
What we will see
- Picturesque villages on the slopes of Mount Etna
What we will do
- We will set off from the port by off-road, passing through several small and picturesque villages at the foot of Mount Etna, such as Santa Venerina, Milo and Fornazzo, defying the wrath of the nearby mouth of the volcano.
- We will begin our exciting off-road adventure near Dagala on a dirt track specially created by the Forest Service, offering scenic viewsof the surrounding slopes and lava formations.
- We will then set off on foot from the off-road for a magnificent lookout point from which we can admire the spectacular panorama. This really is a unique photo opportunity!
- We will finally continue on to the extinct craters of the Monti Sartorius, formed by the impressive lava flow created in 1865, characterised by the typical lines of eruptive cones known as buttonholes. We will follow a natural path of exceptional botanical and geological interest, allowing us to appreciate the unusual habitat of an active volcano.
- Once our last photos have been taken, we will set off for the return trip to Catania.
What you need to know
- Appropriate cold weather clothing and closed shoes are recommended.
- In the event of adverse weather conditions or as dictated by the authorities or for safety reasons the tour may be cancelled or the itinerary changed..
- This excursion is not recommended for guests with mobility problems.
- We recommend that you book early because only a limited number of places are available.
- This excursion includes an English speaking guide.
Participants must be at least 8 years of age.