HIKING ON MOUNT SUKKERTOPPEN
Sightseen, Designed for families, Culture & local gems, MyExploration, Passepartour, Less than 1 hour walking, Family friendly
A tour to admire the magnificence of Ålesund fjord up-close, climbing to the top of Mount Sukkertoppen on foot where we are able to enjoy views bestowing rare beauty.
- Coach tour of Ålesund
- Trekking on Mount Sukkertoppen
- View from the top
- By coach, we will set off upon the discovery of the city with a brief sightseeing tour of Ålesund, which stands on small, connected islands and which is famous for its Art Nouveau 1904 reconstruction, after it was destroyed in a fire.
- The coach will therefore take us to the island of Hessa, about 4 km from the city centre, leaving us at the feet of Mount Sukkertoppen, literally a 'sugar top'.
- We will walk to the top, following a 2 km hiking root amidst nature, via landscapes which vary in altitude, from the initial slight slope, to the blossoming coastal vegetation right through to the rocky moorland at the top.
- Our climb, which lasts about an hour, takes us 50 metres above sea level right up to a height of 304 metres from the top, from where we can enjoy breathtaking views.
- We will enjoy an incredible view of the city of Ålesund and the spectacular Borgundfjord, right up to the charming Sunnmøre Alps. We will be left astounded by the landscapes which extend to the open sea and surrounding islands.
- At the end of the tour, won over by the majestic beauty of the Norwegian fjords, the coach awaits to take us on a comfortable journey back to the port.
Good to know
- This excursion involves a walk of approximately 2 km on uneven ground, with a climb of approximately 265 metres; part of the journey will be uphill.
- We recommend always wearing comfortable, closed shoes or trekking shoes and comfortable clothing, with layers.
- The excursion will go ahead in all types of weather, so we recommend that you bring the correct equipment, amongst which a backpack and a windproof jacket.
- Participants must be in good physical shape.
- This excursion is not recommended for guests with heart and mobility problems.
- The route includes stretches of steep, uneven ground.
- This excursion will be conducted in English.
- Participants must sign a release form.