FLAVORS OF ANCIENT GENOA AND THE STRADA NUOVA
Discovery & taste, Sightseen, From 1 to 3 hours walking, 52
Discover the ancient beauties of the Rolli Palaces, the cathedral and the Strada Nuova, described by Rubens as “the most beautiful street in Europe”. But that's not all: the secret garden of Palazzo Lomellino awaits you, with a tasting of local food in the sumptuous Imperial Palace**.
- Old town, a maze of “caruggi”
- Ancient Port
- Secret garden of Palazzo Lomellino
- Ducal Palace and Cathedral of San Lorenzo: external visits
- Local food tasting at the Imperial Palace
- Genoa's old town is the symbol of the link between this city and the sea. A maze of narrow streets, known locally as “caruggi”, wind around the small piazzas and noble buildings.
- You'll reach the heart of the city by sea, and continue the walking tour through the most interesting and evocative parts of the city.
- The ancient “Strada Nuova”, now Via Garibaldi, was built by aristocratic Genoese families in the mid-16th century. Here the Rolli Palaces were used to receive distinguished guests: kings, queens, dignitaries and rulers from all over the world, stayed here when visiting the city.
- With our guide you'll visit the secret garden of Palazzo Lomellino, one of the 42 of over 100 Rolli Palaces of Genoa to have been declared UNESCO World Heritage Sites.
- At the end, before returning to the Ancient Port area, you'll have the opportunity to admire the exterior of the Ducal Palace and the majestic Cathedral of San Lorenzo, and taste focaccia and savory pies in the sumptuous Imperial Palace, one of the most important Rolli Palaces in the city.
Good to know
- Slight changes may be made to itineraries and the length of excursions to protect your health and to comply with regulations and the safety protocol.
- Buildings, churches and monuments may be closed without prior warning for local reasons. If this happens, the visit will be limited to the outside.