CAGLIARI, FROM A LOCAL'S POINT OF VIEW
Sightseen, MyExploration, Passepartour, Less than 1 hour walking, Family friendly
Discover Cagliari with someone who knows it really well. Take a seat on the bus and move among the most beautiful views of the city without taking a step: from the Basilica di Bonaria to the beach at Poetto, with the Devil's Saddle, then on to Golfo degli Angeli viewed from Mount Urpinu and the Castello district, which encompasses all of the city's historic eras.
- Basilica of Nostra Signora di Bonaria
- Poetto avenue and beach, salt flats
- Monte Urpinu with view of Golfo degli Angeli
- Castello district
- Walk along Viale Buoncammino and Tower of San Pancrazio
- Eyes and ears wide open: you're about to discover Cagliari with a local guide. The bus starts at the Basilica di Bonaria, the protector of the city and of sailors. Dated 1307, it houses the statue of the Virgin miraculously brought from the sea.
- You're close to Poetto, a seafront promenade well-known for its fine sand and summer nightlife. You'll see the salt flats, an ancient source of wealth for the city, and the Devil's Saddle, a headland with a strange curvature. Legend has it that this is the devil's saddle that fell to earth and turned to stone during a battle between the angels and demons.
- Climb up to Mount Urpinu, a green haven just a stone's throw from the center, to take pictures of the view of Golfo degli Angeli between Villasimius and Cape Spartivento.
- Enter the old district of Castello, strolling along Viale Buoncammino, which passes close to the Roman Amphitheater, to the Museum Citadel, where archaeological finds and art collections are housed. Before moving on, take a look at the San Pancrazio Tower, the tallest in Cagliari, built in the 13th century.
Good to know
- Slight changes may be made to itineraries and the length of excursions in order to safeguard your health and comply with regulations and the safety protocol.
- The excursion may take place in the morning or afternoon.