DISCOVER FLORENCE AND THE UFFIZI GALLERY
Culture, Meal included
Enjoy the fascinating sights of Florence including the Uffizi gallery, the Ponte Vecchio, magnificent squares and the exclusive shops of the city centre.
What we will see
- Piazza Santa Croce and Basilica
- Uffizi Gallery
- Ponte Vecchio
- Piazza della Repubblica
- Piazza Duomo, church of Santa Maria del Fiore, Baptistry of Saint John, Giotto's Bell Tower
- Piazza della Signoria
What we will do
- Our excursion begins with a walk to Piazza Santa Croce, where our tour guide will explain the main features of the eponymous Basilica, which is considered one of the most beautiful Gothic churches in Italy.
- We continue with a tour of the spectacular Uffizi Gallery, which houses hundreds of precious works by important artists, such as Botticelli, Caravaggio, Raphael and Leonardo da Vinci.
- After our visit to the Uffizi, we move on towards the Ponte Vecchio, the only historic bridge in Florence to have survived destruction by the Germans during the Second World War and the floods of 1966. We then make our way to Piazza della Repubblica.
- After lunch we have plenty of time to visit the magnificent Piazza del Duomo, the heart of the city. We cannot fail to be impressed by the beauty of the imposing works of art that surround us in a wealth of red, white and dark green marble. It is here that we find the most important complex of religious buildings in the city: the Baptistry of Saint John, with its three magnificent, bronze doors by Pisano and Ghiberti, and the Cathedral of Santa Maria del Fiore - with its enormous dome by Brunelleschi - and the bell tower designed by Giotto, two of the finest examples of 13th century Florentine Gothic architecture.
- Our guided tour ends at Piazza della Signoria which has always represented the centre of Florence's political and civil life.
- Before returning to Livorno we have some free time to relax or shop in the city's boutiques.
What you need to know
- Places on this excursion are limited. We recommend booking early.