DISCOVERING PUERTO PLATA: RUM TASTING AND SHOPPING
A tour of Puerto Plata to discover the exclusive aromas of the excellent Dominican rums in one of the country's most famous distilleries and to do some shopping in the city, in one of the largest commerical ports in the Dominican Republic, which we can visit whilst comfortably seated on our coach.
What we will see
- Brugal rum distillery: visit and tasting
- Shopping in Puerto Plata
- Sightseeing tour of Puerto Plata: fort of San Felipe
What we will do
- We will leave the port by coach heading for*Puerto Plata*, literally the "silver port", as named by Christopher Columbus, who remained spell bounded by the glistening waters of this corner of paradise.
- The first stop on our tour is the famous Brugal distillery, founded in 1888, which produces excellent Dominican rum.
- Upon entering, we will have the opportunity to visit the factory building and find out interesting facts on the history and the bottling process before the product is exported.
- Once the visit has ended, we will move onto the cafeteria to taste the rum of which various qualities, such as Anejo, Carta Dorada, Extra Viejo and many more: an experience for true connoisseurs!
- We will wave goodbye to the distillery and arrive at Puerto Plata, where we can indulge our desire to shop and purchase traditional souvenirs from the Dominican Republic.
- Our coach will take us on a sightseeing tour to discover the city, with its centre boasting Victorian, soft pastel colour buildings.
- We will stop at the fort of San Felipe, erected in 1564 to defend the city from pirate attacks. The view from this raised position is simply marvellous. We will remain bewitched admiring it before returning to the ship, happy and relaxed after this fun tour.
What you need to know
- We recommend that you book early because only a limited number of places are available.
- There is limited availability of English-language guides.
- With the exception of the tasting session, food and drinks are not included in the ticket price.
- We recommend bringing cash or credit cards with you to purchase items.