CARLOFORTE AND THE ISLAND OF SAN PIETRO
Sightseen, Less than 1 hour walking
A magnificent tour to discover the splendid island of San Pietro, with its unspoilt nature, and the city of Carloforte, where various cultures and languages fuse and where ancient traditions can be described as heritage to be preserved.
- Cixerri Plain and Port of Vesme
- Island of San Pietro
- Carloforte: old city, alleyways and sea front
- Our tour begins in Cagliari where we will spend an hour and a half crossing the splendid and fertile Cixerri Plain right up to Port Vesme, where we will hop on-board the ferry to the island of San Pietro.
- After a journey of about 40 minutes, we will arrive in Carloforte, the main city on the island of San Pietro founded by the Ligurians who came from Pegli in 1736. The inhabitants still speak using the Ligurian dialect, whilst the local cuisine draws its influence from Tunisian cuicine, seeing as the Pegliesi lived on the island of Tabarka (on the Tunisian coast) before they founded Carloforte. The old part of the city is very interesting and the beaches are magnificent. Once upon a time, the local economy relied upon the tuna fish; tuna fishing takes place every June where tuna are caught.
- In Carloforte, we will have some free time to visit the old city, the magnificent alleyways (Genoese style roads) and the intimate sea front.
- We will meet our guide at the agreed time to continue our journey to Port Vesme and then we will take the coach to Cagliari.
Good to know
- We recommend that you book early because only a limited number of places are available.