TRANSFER TO AIX-EN-PROVENCE
We will have complete freedom to explore Aix-en-Provence, savouring the joy of strolling through its narrow streets, squares and historic buildings, and discovering its colours and aromas with a visit to the local market or an open-air café.
What we will see
- City centre
- Cours Mirabeau
- Mazarin Quarter
- Place des Quatre Dauphins
- Saint Sauveur Cathedral
- Shops, cafés and local fruit market
What we will do
- We will leave the port by coach and make our way to Aix-en-Provence, a university and spa city and the political hub of Provence, located about 30 minutes away from Marseille.
- As soon as we arrive in Aix-en-Provence, we will immediately notice its sophisticated atmosphere as we walk freely around the romantic streets in the centre, admiring aristocratic residences dating back to the 17th and 18th centuries.
- Our walk wouldn't be complete without a stroll along Cours Mirabeau, a stunning, tree-lined avenue boasting beautiful fountains and numerous outdoor cafés.
- Another must is the Mazarin Quarter, designed by the Archbishop Michel Mazarin, brother of the famous Cardinal.
- In the same area we can also admire the Place des Quatre Dauphins or “Four Dolphins Square”, with a beautiful fountain adorned by sculptures of four dolphins, and the Saint Sauveur Cathedral, featuring various architectural styles ranging from the 5th to the 17th century, which can be admired from all sides.
- Yet Aix-en-Provence isn't all history and art, it's also a vibrant town offering a host of activities. We will set some time aside to independently explore the elegant streets dotted with typical shops, the local fruit and vegetable market or relax at a café.
What you need to know
- This excursion does not include a guide.