CANAL CRUISE BY EVENING
In a nutshell A wonderful cruise along the canals and rivers of St. Petersburg, known as the 'Venice of the North', discovering its history and splendour in a magical, fairy-tale setting.
Good to know
- Rivers and canals of St. Petersburg
- A glimpse of the most significant monuments
- We will set off on our cruise of the city's rivers and canals to avoid the rush-hour traffic and we will admire the most significant monuments from a privileged viewpoint. The canals actually help to create a unique atmosphere as they reflect the city's golden domes and fairy-tale buildings.
- Known across the world as the 'Venice of the North' because of its geographic, structural and architectural resemblance to the magnificent Italian city on the lagoon, St. Petersburg is the most important port in Russia and is one of Europe's main cultural hubs. The city was built over 42 islands and was developed around a complex network and canals and rivers (69 in total) stretching 300 km. These canals also mark the borders of the different districts. St. Petersburg's classic low-rise architecture often allows the incredible city views to be enjoyed from the water.
- Sailing along the water, we will learn about the history of thriving imperial Russia, when St. Petersburg was the capital, and admire the various buildings, monuments and architectural styles that typify the different periods.
Good to know
- Space is limited, so please reserve early.
- The boat has indoor and outdoor seats. In the case of adverse weather conditions, you are advised to wear suitable clothing.
- In case of bad weather conditons, for safety reasons, the cruise will be conducted only along the Neva River (not entering smaller rivers and channels) or cancelled and replaced by a panoramic tour of the city.
- This tour is not suitable for wheelchairs.