Sightseen, Less than 1 hour walking
In a nutshell The star of this excursion is the enchanting Hjørundfjord, believed by many to be one of the most beautiful fjords in the world with its wild and imposing landscape. We will travel all the way to its tip, entranced by the silence of unspoilt nature.
- Stunning mountain scenery
- Village of Øye (from the sea)
- We will climb on board a boat and set off on a cruise across Hjørundfjord, a 33-km stretch of sea in the heart of the Sunnmøre Alps with jagged peaks surrounding the bay on both sides.
- The boat will sail us through the stunning scenery even praised for its beauty 100 years ago by Kaiser Wilhelm II of Germany.
- As we take in the breathtaking views of the mountains with their steep rock faces dotted with mountain farms and small rural villages, we will reach the northern tip of the fjord where the sea reaches a remarkable depth of 441 metres. Here is located the village of Øye, home to the Hotel Union Øye. An exclusive destination for the aristocracy in the late 19th century, it has been fully restored to its original state and returned to all its splendour.