Osaka Dotonbori Shopping Arcade "On Your Own" (JP/EU)
Shopping, Lunch not included
This tour provides transfer to Osaka City Center “Dotonbori Area”.
Dotonbori is often selected as a scene in the Japanese and foreign movies as the symbol of Osaka.
Dotonbori is a large scale downtown along the south bank of the Dotonbori-gawa Canal. Osaka is known as the gastronomists' town, and thus the entire area of Dotonbori is thronged with an unbelievable number of restaurants and amusement facilities, and is dearly loved by the locals and foreigners.
Please Note: the order of the itinerary may vary.The bus ride depends on the order of the itinerary. Space is limited, therefore we strongly suggest to book early. Due to travel season in Japan, heavy traffic jam will be expected. There is no place to exchange money in the port, preparing Japanese Yen is strongly recommended. The clear view of the landscape is subject to the weather conditions. Wear low-heeled, comfortable walking shoes .
*No Guide included (transport only)
What we will see
• Dotonbori district
• Free time
What we will do
• A coach takes us from the port of Kobe along the bay to the nearby city of Osaka, the third-largest metropolis in Japan.
• Our destination is the Dotonbori district in the centre of Osaka on the southern bank of the Dotonbori-gawa canal.
• Here, we have some free time to explore the district. It is one of the most popular tourist destinations in Osaka and is brimming with restaurants and shops with large neon signs and giant screens.
• We wander along the streets, which are often the location for Japanese and foreign films, and immerse ourselves in the lively bubbly atmosphere that characterises this area before heading back to the coach and back to the ship.
What you need to know
• Itinerary sequence may vary. • The length of the coach transfer depends on the itinerary. • We recommend that you book early because only a limited number of places are available. • Traffic jams are to be expected during tourist season. • Money cannot be exchanged in the port, we recommend buying Japanese currency beforehand. • Visibility during the tour is subject to weather conditions. • Comfortable shoes with a low heel are recommended. • This excursion does not include a guide.
English & other European tour guides are subject to availability.