OMIS AND SPLIT RIVIERA
Giro turistico, Naturrundtur, Kultur, Tasting
A scenic drive along the coast to the picturesque and peaceful town of Omis. Enjoy a river-boat cruise along the Cetina River, watch the countryside flow by as you reach Radman’s Mills restaurant where a delicious tasting will be served, and then a journey in time through the Old Town of Split, visiting its wonderful UNESCO World Heritage Site’s, Diocletian Palace.
What we will see
- Omis old town
- Boat ride on the Cetina River
- Radman’s Restaurant: old mill, tasting of local food, musical show
- Split walking tour: Diocletian's Palace, Cathedral of Saint Domnius, Temple of Jupiter (external visit)
What we will do
- Our tour will start with a scenic drive along the coast, via the mountain road with panoramic stop to the picturesque town and peaceful holiday resort of Omis, situated at the mouth of the Cetina River with chance to spot the medieval defenses still visible on the hill above the town. Upon arrival in Omis we will have some free time.
- We will continue with a river-boat cruise up to Radman’s Mills: a snack of local ham, cheese and homemade bread is served, accompanied by a glass of wine and live music. Take a leisurely walk in the forest or simply relax and enjoy the view of the river beside this magnificent old mill.
- We continue our tour with a panoramic drive along the coast to Split, with a walking tour through the Old Town, built around the Roman Emperor’s Diocletian’s palace. We'll see the incredibly well preserved cellars, of this 4th century UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Wewill also see from outside the Cathedral of St Duje (Patron Saint of the city), built on the remains of an ancient shrine and supposed to be the oldest in the world, the charming Temple of Jupiter, the Golden Gate and the Silver Gate, and Peristyle Square.
- After this walk through Split's history, you may return to the pier or stay in town to explore further on your own.
What you need to know
- This excursion is not recommended for guests with mobility problems.
- Having completed the guided tour of the centre of Split, guests can return to the ship on foot by the "all aboard" time set in the Ship's Diario Di Bordo.