TOP OF THE ROCK: GIBRALTAR ON YOUR OWN
Sightseen, Less than 1 hour walking
In a nutshell
Good to know
Make the most of your time in Gibraltar with sightseeing and time for shopping.
- Cable car ride to the highest point of the Rock
- Audio guide
- Free time
- Travel by cable car to take in the great views of Gibraltar from the Botanic Gardens to the Apes' Den and up to the summit. With the pre-purchase tickets please follow the co-ordinator instructions to fast track the cable car queue. On a clear day you will see the coast of Morocco, the Atlantic Ocean and the Mediterranean Sea.
- An easy-to-use audio guide will provide you with an insight into the history of the Rock of Gibraltar.
- You will have free time to explore Main Street, with familiar names as well as smaller shops selling everything from fashion to designer sunglasses, Chinese linen to electrical equipment. You may choose to relax in the Irish Town pedestrian area at a pub or café (at your own expense).
Good to know
- The cable car is a popular attraction; you may encounter a delay.
- This tour is unguided. You are responsible for making their own way back to the ship.
- You are required to leave ID at the PDA (multi-media kiosk) when picking up audio units. ID will be returned when the unit is handed in. The PDAs are picked up at the top of the cable car.