MARKET SHOPPING AND COOKING CLASS
Small group, Discovery & taste, Sightseen, Active & adventurous, Less than 1 hour walking, 52
The soul of a people can also be found in their culinary tradition. So go ahead and venture into the gastronomic universe of Catalonia. Where? At the Santa Caterina market: start by strolling around the stalls and then join a dedicated chef to cook a typical Catalan lunch! First you cook, then you eat. But remember that it's a competition for the best cook.
- Santa Caterina market in Barcelona with food tasting
- Cooking competition with local chef and lunch
- Santa Caterina is one of the city's most characteristic markets. It is the second oldest in Barcelona after the Boquería and undoubtedly the most original: Its wave-shaped roof is covered with multicolored ceramic tiles. A real architectural spectacle.
- Your local chef will be ready and waiting to take you on a shopping trip around the stalls, just like a local Spaniard. Obviously you can “nibble” on the local delicacies as you go.
- It will be fun seeing a butcher proudly working away, meticulously slicing the meat while you take in the scent of the fruit and vegetables around you.
- Once you reach his nearby kitchen, after tasting some local olive oil, you can don your apron and, using the ingredients you bought at the market, start cooking with him. Paella, patatas bravas, the tasty paprika-coated potatoes, and crema catalana, complete with a final flambée. Only the best will win, but you'll all enjoy the lunch you have just made.
Good to know
- During the tour, your local chef will provide information in Spanish and English.
- You will travel to the Santa Caterina market independently on our shuttle bus.
- This is one of the most popular excursions so book early.