DISCOVERY: MALDIVES SNORKELING
This adventurous snorkeling tour will make you enjoy the carefree atmosphere in Maldives
What we will see
- Snorkeling adventure
What we will do
It’s a short transfer by boat to snorkelling sopt near Hulhumale Island, the largest land reclamation project that the Maldives government has ever attempted. This somewhat recent artificial island was built up around a large lagoon and successfully offers more beaches, greenery and space than are found in Male.
Beneath the water’s surface, there is a world of natural wonders, as you will discover during your unguided snorkeling experience. The wealth of marine species is due to the endless flow of nutrient-rich water and the monsoon tides that bring a collection of small marine creatures that provide abundant food.
You can expect to see a seemingly endless variety of fish that may include blue-lined snappers, orange-colored clownfish, oriental sweetlips, and moorish idols, which are often spotted preying on sponges. Graceful and generally shy eagle rays also inhabit these crystal-clear waters as do manta rays, the world’s largest species of ray.
What you need to know
- Walking on this tour is mainly at the guests’ discretion during free time; however, there will be natural and uneven surfaces to negotiate at the beach.
- The tour is not available to wheelchair guests or those with mobility concerns as the activity level is considered strenuous at times.
- Participants should be able to swim and be in good physical condition.
Participants must be at least 12 years of age.?
- Swimwear worn under clothing or a cover-up that covers from shoulder to the knees; sun cap; sunglasses; sunscreen; a towel from the ship; and flat, comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
- Guests should advise snorkel equipment sizes in advance.
- Those who participate in any water activities do so at their own risk and responsibility.